Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Then They Will Know

Scripture:

Ezekiel 7:27  "I will deal with them according to their conduct, and by their own standards I will judge them.  Then they will know that I am the Lord".

Observation:

Ezekiel is prophesying massive destruction among God's people because they had turned themselves away from him.  They were going their own way and worshiping the gods of other nations.  God tells them that He will judge them according to their own standards, "then they will know that I am the Lord".  God's desire is for them to know He is the Lord.

Application:

God's desire from the beginning has been for a people to love and trust Him completely.  He wants a people who will follow Him and not walk away from Him.  He wants the world to know that He is the Lord.  He doesn't take pleasure in judgment, but will do what it takes for His people to know that He is God and He is in control.  He wants us to acknowledge He is Lord of all.

Prayer:

Father, You are Lord of all the earth.  Every nation, tribe and language will bow before You one day.  Help me never stray away from You.  You are life, truth, joy, strength and so much more to me.  I know You are Lord, help me to let the world know You are Lord.  Use me to expand Your kingdom today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment