Thursday, November 13, 2014

His Sheep

Scripture:

Ezekiel 34:31  "You are my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign Lord".

Observation:

God had just finished denouncing the shepherds of Israel for not taking good care of His sheep.  He blasted them for not feeding, watering, leading and chasing down lost sheep.  As He closes this thought, He declares that He will be the shepherd and we are the sheep.  This has implications for us.

Application:

As sheep, we go where the shepherd tells us, feed on what He provides for us, and listen to His voice at all times.  We must realize that our job is not to figure everything out, but to follow where He leads.  We are to totally trust the shepherd to take care of us.  We trust Him to fight our battles when the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy.  Being a sheep makes me vulnerable and helpless, but I have the Great Shepherd.

Prayer:

Lord, You are a Great Shepherd, but I am a poor sheep.  Help me to follow you like a sheep follows his shepherd.  Teach me to understand your voice and listen to it.  Give me strength to follow all Your ways and to live how you want me to.

Your Sheep,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment