Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Sin We Don't Talk About

Scripture:

James 4:17 "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them".

Observation:

James is speaking about tomorrow in the context and how we shouldn't boast about tomorrow.  He says we should say, "if the Lord wills" as we make out our plans.  He then comes through and tells us that it is sin to know what we ought to do and not do it.

Application:

When we think of sin, we generally think of great transgressions where we have failed the Lord miserably.  Our minds go toward the obvious sins.  Here, we are confronted with the sin we don't talk about very much, the sin of not doing what we are suppose to do.  WOW!  James calls it sin for me to know I should do something and not do it.  When it comes down to it, it s disobedience, which we all hate when we see it in our children.  I need to work on being completely obedient in all things to the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, help me to obey completely in every area.  Help me fulfill your will in my life, then pass from this earth having accomplished all You planned for me.  I need Your Spirit to lead me and show me clearly what I need to do and then the heart to step out and do what You put in my spirit.  I love You and need you more now than ever.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment