Monday, November 24, 2014

Shining Like Stars

Scripture:

Daniel 12:3  "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever".

Observation:

As Daniel is nearing the end of his writings, he gets this word about the very end of time.  He is told that those who are wise will shine and those who lead many to righteousness will be like the stars forever.  In our everlasting home, those who are wise and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars.

Application:

We are taught all through scripture to seek wisdom instead of folly.  We have whole books of the bible about wisdom.  It is crucial and we need to gather as much wisdom as we can on our way through this life.  We also need to lead as many as possible to righteousness.  When we do these two things, we are working on our eternal radiance.  Jesus said to work for those things in heaven and not on this earth.  I want to lead many to righteousness.

Prayer:

Lord, let my life be full of wisdom.  Share your wise nuggets of truth with me as I seek Your face.  I have given my life to being a soul-winner.  Help me be better at it.  Help me to make the most of every opportunity to turn a person to righteousness.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment