Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Hospitality without Grumbling

Scripture:

I Peter 4:9  "Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling"

Observation:

Peter tells us that we should love each other deeply and be alert because the end it near.  Then he goes on to tell us to offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  Peter knew that it wasn't easy to offer true hospitality for a long period of time without grumbling.

Application:

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and we will all be in the presence of friends and family who we may only see a couple times a year.  They may get on our nerves or drive us a little crazy, but Peter tells us to practice hospitality without grumbling.  Instead of grumbling about "when are they going to leave?", maybe we should take the time to really love them and demonstrate the beauty of hospitality to them.  Hospitality is truly making someone feel that your home is their home.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me hospitality without grumbling.  Help me to be hospitable, loving and kind to those you bring my way.  Let my life shine for you in this season and help me to serve without grumbling.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment