Friday, November 14, 2014

Open Heart Surgery

Scripture:

Ezekiel 36:26  "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh".

Observation:

Ezekiel, in this text, is speaking about Israel being restored after captivity, but the idea still works for us today.  God was saying that He would bring them back into their land and would do heart surgery, taking a heart of stone and replacing it with a heart of flesh.

Application:

God loves doing open heart surgery.  He loves taking our hard hearts and replacing them with soft, shape-able, mold-able, hearts that will respond to Him and be sensitive to Him.  His desire is for us to have hearts that are soft enough for Him to form into what He wants and not be hardened toward Him.  To be a candidate for open heart surgery, you must give God control and trust Him.  We must let Him be God and determine that we will remain flexible and changeable toward Him.

Prayer:

God, give me a soft heart.  Let me never become calloused and hard toward You.  Areas of my heart that are not soft toward You, replace with ones that are.  I give you my heart.  Let is be fashioned by You.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment