Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fruit Trees

Scripture:

Ezekiel 47:12  "Fruit tress of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river.  Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail.  Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them.  Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing".

Observation:

Ezekiel saw a vision of a river flowing from the temple of God.  As it got farther from the temple it grew deeper until it was a major river.  On the banks of the river were trees that were fed by the water from the river.  These trees never failed and never withered.  They produced fruit every month.  They received their nourishment from the river.

Application:

Jesus said that out of our bellies would flow rivers of living water.  Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit and out of us should flow His river.  Our lives should produce fruit trees that continually produce fruit.  When we are letting the river of God flow through us, there should be fruit.  If not, we need to make sure we are still connected to the source of the river.  I want fruit to abound to my account.

Prayer:

Father, let Your living water flow through my life to bring healing and strength to others.  Let my life produce, not just good fruit, but trees of righteousness that will produce more and more fruit every month.  Let your river flow to me and through me to others.  I need you in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment