Monday, September 1, 2014

Parental Wisdom

Scripture:

Proverbs 6:20,22  "My son, keep your father's command and do not forsake your mother's teaching...When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you".

Observation:

This proverb speaks about the power of parent's teaching.  It tells me that my parent's teaching will guide me through life, it will watch over me, and it will speak to me.  Parent's words are powerful in the lives of their children.  Good parents and bad parents are remembered for the things they taught their children.  Their influence guides them all the way through life.

Application:

I am fortunate to have great parents who laid a very solid foundation for me.  So often today, I hear the voice of my father or mother when I need to make a decision.  It's like their teachings never leave my life.  I want the words my sons hear from me to walk with them throughout life and for them to hear my voice and the voice of the Holy Spirit in everything they do.

Prayer:

Father, thank you for this verse today.  Let my words have impact on my children.  Let them hear your voice and mine throughout their lives.  Let them serve you and develop into the men you want them to be.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment