Friday, September 19, 2014

The Difficult Will of God

Scripture:

Isaiah 6:10  "Make the heart of this people calloused; make their ears dull and close their eyes.  Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed".

Observation:

Isaiah had his encounter with the Lord which was powerful.  The Lord said, "Who will go for Me?" and Isaiah answered, "Here am I, send me".  You hear this scene preached all the time, but the next verses tell what God was sending him to do.  Verse 10 says God wants to use Isaiah to harden the people because God wants to bring judgment on them.  He wants Isaiah to make them calloused because God doesn't want them to repent and be healed.  Wow!  What a calling!

Application:

Can God give us the tough jobs or do we only signup for the ones that seem easy?  When we answer, "Here am I, send me", we better be ready to do whatever He wants.  Not every calling is easy.  Not every calling causes people to love us.  Not every assignment is going to feel good to us.  Can God trust us with the difficult will of God?

Prayer:

Lord, this has been a difficult week for me.  I have been frustrated, upset, and anxious because things don't seem to be going the way I think they should.  Help me to follow Your voice when it seems things are not working out right and when obedience is difficult.  Help me understand what You are doing in my life and ministry.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment