Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Healthy Church and Life

Scripture:

II Thessalonians  1:3  "We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing".

Observation:

Paul is speaking to the people of Thessalonica and lets them know that he is proud of them and thanks God for them because two things are increasing.  They were increasing in faith and they were increasing in love for each other.  Paul says in the next verse that they always boast about them to the other churches because, during a time of persecution, they were increasing in faith and love.

Application:

Am I increasing in faith and love?  That's the question.  When God was looking at churches and speaking about them, you would usually hear a comment about their faith and their love.  When we feel like we are grown and mature as a Christian, we need to ask ourselves, "are we growing in faith and love?"  These are the benchmarks God uses when looking at a church and they are the benchmarks we should use as well.

Prayer:

Father, increase my faith.  Help me to trust You more completely and to walk in faith in every area of my life.  Teach me to love others more than myself.  Help me to see people as You see them.  Let faith and love increase in my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment