Friday, September 5, 2014

Lips that Speak Knowledge

Scripture:

Proverbs 20:15  "Gold there is, and rubies in abundance, but lips that speak knowledge are a rare jewel."

Observation:

Solomon here tells us that gold and rubies are abundant.  They can be found anywhere and there are lots of them, but people who speak knowledge are a rare jewel.  A rare jewel is more valuable because of it's scarcity.  There are not a lot of people speaking true knowledge.  Those who are speaking knowledge should be valued as a rare jewel.

Application:

We should honor those who truly speak knowledge into our lives.  People can say lots of good things, but people who speak true knowledge are rare and extremely valuable.  I want to strive to be a person who speaks with knowledge.  When I speak to others, I want God's words and knowledge to flow through me.

Prayer:

Father, fill me with knowledge and let my words be empowered by You.  Help me to speak your word, which is the source of incredible knowledge, accurately.  Let me speak well on your behalf.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment