Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Guard the Good

Scripture:

II Timothy 1:14  "Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you - guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us".

Observation:

Paul is writing to Timothy, his son in the Lord.  He had just told him that he should keep a pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ.  He then tells him to guard the good deposit that had been made in him.  He said the Holy Spirit would help him guard it.

Application:

You guard only what is valuable and important in your life.  Paul tells us we should value the good deposit of teaching, faith and love that has been put in us.  We can't let anyone steal our faith, the word of God nor our love for any reason.  We must guard the deposit at all costs.  We can't let it decay through sin.  We can't let it be lost because we just haven't been using it for a while.  We must guard our faith daily and watch over it to make sure we don't stray away for any reason.  We must also trust the Holy Spirit will help us with this.

Prayer:

Father, you are awesome and I love you deeply.  Help me to guard what has been put in my life.  Holy Spirit, help me to guard the precious gift of your presence in my life.  Teach me to value  my faith more and more each day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment