Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Key to the House of David

Scripture:

Isaiah 22:22  "I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open".

Observation:

God is speaking of Eliakim, who He said He would raise up to rule and to be a father to the people of Judah.  God then says of Eliakim that he would place on his shoulder the key to the house of David.  He says that with that key, if he shuts it, it is shut and if he opens it, it is open.  He said He was going to give Eliakim the authority of the house of David.

Application:

God this man with awesome authority.  God saw something in him that said he could be trusted with spiritual authority.  He basically said, if this man wants it... he will get it.  If he doesn't want it, it won't happen.  May God entrust us with that kind of spiritual authority.  May we live lives that cause God to trust us with authority in the earth.  May God give us the keys to the house of David.

Prayer:

Father, let me live a life that you can bless with authority.  Help me live a trustworthy life.  Let my yes be yes and my no be no.  Let truth flow through me and help me to do what needs done and say what needs said.  Give me strength today.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment