Thursday, September 11, 2014

Wise and Happy

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 8:1  "Who is like the wise?  Who knows the explanation of things?  A person's wisdom brightens their face and changes its hard appearance."

Observation:

When I look at this verse I feel like the author is saying that wise people tend to be happier and have a softer countenance.  They  look like people who are really enjoying life.  Foolish people put themselves in bad situations that harden themselves.  Wise people make decisions that make life easier in the long run, therefore, their face brightens and softens like someone who is really enjoying life.

Application:

Wisdom delays gratification.  When we want instant gratification, we are going to struggle down the road.  Those who put think long term and sacrifice in the present always appear happier in the long term.  I want to be happy in the long term and not just right this moment.  I want to live in wisdom and not folly.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I love you and honor you today.  You are amazing!  Help me to live like the wise.  Forgive me for being foolish so many times and doing things I knew would not be the best idea in the long run.  Help me walk in wisdom from this point forward.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment