Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Word of the Lord

Scripture:

Isaiah 40:8  "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever".

Observation:

The word of the Lord is strong enough to outlast everything else.  It will be standing when nothing else is left standing.  It can be trusted, tested, examined, and will always come out untouched.  God's word will stand the test of time and already has.  Other things will come and go, but the Word of the Lord will never fail.

Application:

We need solid ground to build the foundation of our lives on.  The Word of God is stronger than the strongest foundation.  It will endure forever.  We must live our lives based on and in obedience to the Word of the Lord.  We need to follow His word with all our heart.  His word will lead us into victory and will bring blessing into our lives.  Everything else will fade, but God's word will last forever.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to live according to Your word at all times.  Help me to build my life on the foundation of your word and not on my own will, desires, etc.  Teach me to walk by faith and not by sight.  I want to be strong in You and your word to lead my life into all You have for me.  Give me a stronger desire for your word.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment