Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Generosity Brings Prosperity

Scripture:

Proverbs 11:25  "A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."

Observation:

Solomon, the author of Proverbs, understood wealth, riches and honor.  He was the wisest and wealthiest man to live on this planet.  He was given a gift to understand and to lead God's people.  With that wisdom, he realized that generous people prosper and those who help or refresh others will themselves be helped or refreshed.  In other words, those who give with the right heart, also receive.

Application:

Generosity brings prosperity.  When we determine to live a life of blessing others, we will be blessed.  When we determine to refresh others, we will be refreshed.  What we do for others, God will make happen for us.  God's blessing actually falls on a generous spirit and they are blessed with more.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I want to be a generous person more and more.  I want to help people in bad situations.  I want to support missionaries around the world who are advancing your kingdom.   I ask you to prosper me this morning, so I can prosper others.  As you entrust me with resources, I will be a giver.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment