Thursday, September 18, 2014

Trust in God, Not Man

Scripture:

Isaiah 2:22  "Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils.  Why hold them in esteem?"

Observation:

Isaiah is prophesying destruction in Judah because the people were trusting in idols made by man.  They were trusting in the works of man.  God hates when His people put their trust in anyone but him.  In this case, people were putting their trust in man rather than God.  One day, man will be brought low and the true God will be exalted in all the earth.

Application:

So often, we struggle with trusting humans over God.  Humans make mistakes and lead us down wrong paths.  God's ways are right and perfect, but the ways of man are crooked and messed up.  We have partial understanding and He has perfect understanding.  We must learnt to trust God, even when He doesn't make sense to us.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more and more each day.  I need to hear Your voice leading me and I will follow.  Teach me to hear clearly and to follow wholeheartedly.  I am Yours.

Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment