Friday, August 29, 2014

God's Delight

Scripture:

Psalm 149:4  "For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory".

Observation:

In this chapter, the Psalmist is encouraging God's people to praise Him.  As he is telling us to praise Him, this verse comes out.  He says that the Lord "takes delight in His people".  This jumped out to me as I was reading it.  According to this verse, God not only loves us, He delights in us.

Application:

There is a difference when someone is happy and when they are delighted.  Delighted is a stronger word denoting extreme satisfaction.  We bring extreme satisfaction to God and He crowns us with victory.  Sometimes we feel like God doesn't like us, but according to this verse, He is delighted in us and gives us victory.  We should be confident in the love of God.  He takes delight in us.  We must now live like we believe that.

Prayer:

Father, I a delighted with you as well.  You are amazing and have been so good to me.  Thank you for blessing my life over and over again.  Teach me to walk in your victory and in the confidence of your delight.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment