Thursday, August 28, 2014

Who Should I Trust?

Scripture:

Psalm 146:3  "Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save."

Observation:

The Psalmist tells us that our trust must be in God and not human beings.  He says that princes cannot save.  They can make plans, attack enemies, fight for victory, but ultimately it is God who saves, no matter who or what your enemy is.

Application:

I am guilty of putting my trust in humans way too much.  It is only God who is fully trustworthy.  It is only God who delivers us from our enemies.  Our trust needs to turn away from trusting people and turn toward the Lord.  He is faithful and can be trusted.  He has the power that we humans do not.  He has the power to save.

Prayer:

Father, help me to trust You more.  Help me not to lean on my own understanding and the understanding of other mere men.  I look to You and want to trust You alone.  You are worthy of my trust.  Increase my trust level.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment