Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Called...You Answered

Scripture:

Psalm 138:3  "When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me".

Observation:

David is telling of the goodness of God and describes him in this way, "When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me".  God is the God who answers, but he doesn't only answer, he will embolden us if we let him.  He will give us strength and cause us to be bold.  When we call... He will answer.

Application:

How frustrating it is when we are waiting for a call from someone and it doesn't seem to come for a long time.  God sometimes is wanting to work on our behalf, but he is waiting for our call.  We seem to ask him last, after we have tried everything, we both God.  He wants us to come to Him first and foremost.  When He answers, we receive strength.  We are emboldened for Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be bold for you.  I am calling this morning and I know You will answer.  Embolden me as I carry your word to my generation.  I want to be as bold as a lion and as gentle as a dove.  Answer my recent calls to you I pray.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment