Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Place for God

Scripture:

Psalm 132:4-5  "I will allow no sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, till I find a place for the Lord, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob".

Observation:

David desperately wanted one thing.  He wanted to build a place for God to dwell.  He desired with everything in him to build God a place of honor and a place to be worshiped.  He didn't want to sleep himself until he was able to take care of this issue.  He wanted God to have a place.  He wanted to build God a physical building that could be called God's house.

Application:

In the New Testament  we are called the Temple of the Lord.  Our bodies are called the Temple of the Lord because God's presence resides in us.  What David longed for, we have, yet we don't value it.  David had everything money could buy, but desired one thing.  That one thing, we have and don't appreciate it.  We need to take a minute to thank God for allowing us to be His Temple and we need to take care of his temple.

Prayer:

Father, you don't dwell in physical temples, but in the hearts of your people.  Help me to realize the significance of having you dwelling in me.  Help me grasp in my mind and spirit a life with the God of the universe truly living within me.  Open my eyes.  I want to give you a place.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment