Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Till the Word of the Lord Proved Him True

Scripture:

Psalm 105:18-19  "They bruised his feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons, till what he foretold came to pass, till the word of the Lord proved him true".

Observation:

The Psalmist is speaking here about the life of Joseph.  Joseph endured terrible things while waiting for the fulfillment of what God had shown him when he was young.  He had spoken it years and tears before it came to pass.  There was much trouble in his life between the vision and the fulfillment of the vision.

Application:

Sometimes God shows us things that are far in the future of our lives.  As we pursue Him each day, those things come to pass in HIS timing.  Sometimes we get tired and feel like giving up, but the God we serve does come through on His promises if we walk and do not faint.  What Joseph spoke, eventually did come to pass and the word of the Lord proved true.  With faith and patience we inherit the promises.

Prayer:

Father, help me with this today.  I need faith and patience today.  The promises and visions I've been standing on, seem to be delayed and I feel frustrated.  Help me know what to do in every situation.  I want my life to bring You glory, but right now I don't feel like it is doing that very much.  I need you today.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment