Friday, August 22, 2014

Give God the Glory

Scripture:

Psalm 115:1  "Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness".

Observation:

The Psalmist gives us insight into what truly honors God.  He says here, "not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory".  He realized that it was God who was to be glorified and not we ourselves.  Because of God's love and faithfulness to us, we should give him all the glory for the things that happen in our lives.

Application:

When I think about God and all he has done in my life, I know that only He can get the glory.  We must realize that without God we can do nothing and that with God nothing is impossible.  We must also recognize him and give Him all the glory.  He is worthy to be praised.  Without him, our lives would be useless.  He deserves all the glory for every good thing in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, to your name be the glory for every good thing in my life.  It is only because of your blessing that any good thing has happened.  You are amazing and I see your hand in my life.  Thank you for taking care of me and working continually on my behalf.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment