Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hunger and Thirst

Scripture:

Psalm 107:9  "for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things".

Observation:

The Psalmist realized the goodness of God.  He realized and recorded God's faithfulness to those who fear Him.  He had apparently seen the love of God and how God takes care of the hungry and thirsty.  In this I also see that God doesn't just fill the hungry, but He fills the hungry with good things.  God always goes the extra mile to make sure He does things well.

Application:

When we hunger and thirst after God, He will fill us with good things.  When I read the Psalms, I see people who sought after God for everything in life.  When their enemies came at them, they ran to the Lord.  When things were bad around them, they sought the Lord.  We need to remain hungry and thirsty, even when things are going good because God satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.

Prayer:

Lord, I am hungry for You and thirsty for You to speak to me.  I need you today to speak to me and direct my path.  Show me the next steps for our church.  Fill my life with more of You and let me see the day of good things.  I need you today Lord.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment