Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Seeking the Lord Brings Success

Scripture:

II Chronicles 26:5  "He sought God during the days of Zechariah, instructed him in the fear of God.  As long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success".

Observation:

Uzziah was a great king in Judah's history.  He had a heart after God and wanted to do things God's way.  His father was a terrible king, so he had no good demonstration of what it meant to lead a nation for God.  He sought out the prophet Zechariah who instructed him in the fear of God.  He also learned to seek the Lord and as long as he sought the Lord, God gave him success.

Application:

Many people are pursuing success these days.  Everyone wants their children to be successful so they send them to the best schools and go into loads of debt hoping education will make them successful.  God gives success to those who seek Him.  As long as Uzziah sought the Lord, God gave him success.  Success comes from knowing God, not from achieving certain positions in life through our efforts.  As we seek God, He gives us success and everything we need to accomplish His will.

Prayer:

Lord, I look to You.  You are my source and the one who guides my life.  Show me the way.  Help me accomplish all You desire for me in my life.  Teach me yours ways and let my life bring You praise.  I seek Your wisdom, Your guidance and your will for my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment