Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Power for Patience

Scripture:

Colossians 1:11  "being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience".

Observation:

Paul's prayer for the Colossian people was that God , by His power, would give them great endurance and patience.  Instead of praying for the problems they were facing would disappear, Paul prayed that God's power would give them patience and endurance.

Application:

I know when I am going through something, my prayer is always for a quick deliverance.  We like quick miracles, but sometimes God allows us to walk through some things and his power is there to give us patience and endurance to get through them.  God still gives us what we need to get through, but He doesn't always remove the problem when we pray.  Sometimes He gives us strength to endure rather than a get out of jail free card.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to pray right in every situation.  Sometimes you completely deliver and sometimes you give us strength to endure.  Help me know how to pray in each situation I find myself in.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment