Monday, July 28, 2014

How Can I Reply to You?

Scripture:

Job 40:4  "I am unworthy - how can I reply to you?  I put my hand over my mouth."

Observation:

Job had been through much and was defending himself to God and his friends.  He was acting like he knew a lot and knew God better than his friends.  God interrupted the conversation and said, "Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?  Let him who accuses God answer him".  Job quickly replied, "I put my hand over my mouth".  He realized quickly he couldn't argue with God.

Application:

It is normal to question God at times in our lives and to think we know better than Him what we need.  Sometimes we complain about what He is doing in our lives and how He is providing for us, when really, we don't have a clue what He is thinking.  His ways are above our ways and His thoughts are above our thoughts.  We must learn to trust Him with every detail of our lives.  He is God and He knows what He is doing.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to trust You more each day.  Help me not to complain about the things You are doing in my life and how You are doing them.  You know what is best for me.  You put the stars in their place and keep them there.  I think I can trust You to take care of me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment