Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Seek God and Work Hard

Scripture:

II Chronicles 31:21  "In everything that he undertook in the service of God's temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly.  And so he prospered."

Observation:

Hezekiah, during his reign as king, sought God with all his heart and led God's people back to him.  He was determined to bring his nation back to serving God properly.  They had been in idolatry and far from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  This verse said that he prospered because he sought God and worked wholeheartedly.

Application:

We need to learn from Hezekiah to seek God and work hard.  We are to pray like it is all up to God and work like it is all up to us.  We must find the balance in this.  Some people pray and put no action to their faith because they want God to do all the work.  Some people work hard and don't seek God, making their work less fruitful.  We need to pray hard and work hard, then we will have success like Hezekiah had.

Prayer:

Father, help me live a life that pleases You.  I want to seek You with all my heart.  I also want to accomplish much in the expansion of Your kingdom.  Holy Spirit, You have deposited so much in me.  Help me fulfill everything You have called me to do in my lifetime.  Let me seek You hard and work hard to do the things You put before me.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment