Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Inheritance

Scripture:

Psalms 2:8  "Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession".

Observation:

The Psalmist is speaking on God's behalf at this point and tells us that God will make the nations our inheritance and the ends of the earth our possession if we simply ask.  He tells us to ask Him.  James tells us that sometimes we don't have because we don't ask or we ask with wrong motives.

Application:

This verse has always spoken to my heart because God has given me a strong heart for the nations.  I have asked many times for God to give me the nations, and He has given them to me over and over again.  Today I leave for a short trip to Nicaragua.  When we ask God for something that honors Him, we will get what we ask for.  It has been a while since I focused on this verse, but I am so glad it came when it did.

Prayer:

Lord, give me the nations as an inheritance and the ends of the earth as my possession.  I want to reach people from every country on this beautiful earth You created.  Bless me as I travel today to preach Your word.  Open more nations and I will go.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment