Thursday, July 24, 2014

Testing

Scripture:

Job 23:10  "But He knows the way I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold".

Observation:

Job knew he was innocent before God.  He had lived life well and knew there was nothing God could charge him with.  He realized he was in a test and that in the end he would come forth as gold.  He knew he was walking in integrity and his character was pure.  Because of this, he also knew God was testing him and he knew he would be found valuable to God.

Application:

Can we say like Job, "when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold"?  Can we confidently know that we have done nothing wrong in our lives that would dishonor God?  When we go through things, do we know confidently it is just a test or do we have to think it may be a harvest of bad things we have done.  I want to come through the fire knowing that I will come forth as gold.

Prayer:

Lord, help me examine my life to see if there are areas that are not right.  I want to stand in the confidence of Job, knowing he had done nothing wrong.  I want to know You more and more.  You are my desire.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment