Thursday, July 3, 2014

Paying Attention

Scripture:

II Chronicles 33:10  "The Lord spoke to Manasseh and his people, but they paid no attention".

Observation:

Manasseh was seen as a king who didn't follow the Lord.  He served other gods and brought God's judgment on his nation.  It says here that the Lord did speak to him and his people, but that they paid no attention.

Application:

Many times when we are going in a wrong direction, the Lord speaks, but we pay no attention.  As God's people, His voice should be our first priority.  We should be listening to Him continually and seeking His guidance in our lives.  When He speaks, we should be paying attention and doing what He says.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to follow Your voice completely.  I want to pay attention to You, but I need to hear Your voice more clearly.  Open my ears to hear your voice more and more as I continue to grow in You.  When I hear what You want, help me to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment