Friday, July 18, 2014

The Importance of Knowing Christ

Scripture:

Philippians 3:8  "What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider the garbage, that I may gain Christ".

Observation:

Paul considered everything a loss because the value of knowing Christ was so much greater than the value of anything else.  Nothing even came close to him.  He considered everything garbage in his life except following Christ.  Paul saw the highest priority in life as knowing Christ.  Everything else was junk to him.

Application:

Paul knew Christ deeply and richly, yet he wanted to know Him more.  We must place the highest value in our lives on knowing Christ and making Him known.  Everything else must become second place.  Our desire to know Him should far exceed every other desire in our lives.

Prayer:

Father, I desire to know You more than ever.  I want to hear your voice, walk in your footsteps, and fulfill your will for my life.  Help me to value my relationship with you above all other relationships and parts of my life.  I belong to You, forever I belong to You.

Your Son,
Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment