Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Worthy Manner

Scripture:

Philippians 1:27  "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.  Then whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the One Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel".

Observation:

Paul is writing to the Philippians who are beginning to suffer persecution and is telling them that persecution is coming.  Then he says, "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ".  He told them in whatever circumstance they end up in, they were to live a life worthy of the gospel.  How does he say he will know about their standing firm?  By living in a worthy manner.

Application:

Is the life I'm living, being lived in a manner worthy of Christ death on the cross?  Are we living in such a manner that people know we are strong in Christ because of the faith we have?  Paul tells us to live our lives in a manner worthy of the gospel.  We must live better lives than what we have been living.

Prayer:

Father, let my life be lived in a manner worthy of the gospel.  Help me walk in the Spirit every day and not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.  Help me do everything you put in my heart and path to do.  Help me live a life worthy of Christ's death.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment