Friday, June 27, 2014

Humility Pays Off

Scripture:

II Chronicles 12:12  "Because Rehoboam humbled himself, the Lord's anger turned from him, and he was not totally destroyed.  Indeed, there was some good in Judah".

Observation:

God had determined to destroy Rehoboam and his kingdom because Rehoboam did not follow the Lord completely and he served other gods.  He was not faithful to the Lord, the God of his fathers and God had determined to wipe Judah off the map.  When Rehoboam realized what he had done and was confronted with his lifestyle, he humbled himself before God and God gave him mercy.

Application:

What was it that turned away God's anger from Rehoboam?  Simply an act of humility.  God loves humility and turning to Him in bad situations.  He is quick to forgive a humble person, but works against the proud.  As God's people we must learn the lesson of humility.  When we get it, our relationship with God will develop and we will see the good hand of God revealed in our lives more and more.

Prayer:

Father, help me walk in true humility before you.  I look to You as my everything.  Without You, I can do nothing.  Without You I can't make it.  I need You desperately in my life.  You are the king of all kings and the Lord of all Lords.  You are awesome and I love you.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment