Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Heartfelt Humility Before the Lord

Scripture:

II Kings 22:19  "Because your heart was responsive and you humbled yourself before the Lord when you heard what I have spoken against this place and its people - that they would become a curse and be laid to waste - and because you tore your robes and wept in my presence, I also have heard you, declares the Lord".

Observation:

When the book of the Law was found and Josiah read it, he humbled himself before the Lord in repentance and brokenness.  He tore his royal robes and cried out to God and wept before the Lord.  When he did, the Lord said he was heard by the Lord.

Application:

God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  He loves when His people come to Him weeping and crying out to Him.  He blesses those who come to Him in humility, declaring how much they need Him.  We must be people who continually look to the Lord and cry out to Him.  He loves it when we acknowledge our need of Him.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I worship You this morning.  You are amazing!  Help me walk in humility before you all the days of my life.  I need You and want You to work in my life to bring about Your will above all else.  I want to know You more.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment