Thursday, June 5, 2014

Is There No Prophet?

Scripture:

II Kings 3:11  "But Jehoshaphat asked, 'Is there no prophet of the Lord here, through whom we may inquire of the Lord?'"

Observation:

In the days of the kings of Israel and Judah, when the king needed to hear a word from God, he would go to the prophets and see what God was saying.  In this particular case, Jehoshaphat needed to hear from God about his army's present situation.  He knew if he could just get to a true prophet of God, he would be able to hear from God.

Application:

"Is there no prophet of the Lord here, through whom we may inquire of the Lord?" really stood out to me this morning.  As God's people, very often we lack God's direction.  We don't know what to do.  As New Testament believers, we have the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth and to guide us.  It should be easy and normal for us to hear from the Lord with all our decisions.  May we develop into people who know the voice of the Lord and hear Him clearly like the OT prophets did.

Prayer:

Lord, I need to hear from You about some things.  Open my ears to hear Your Spirit.  Open my mind to receive from You.  Help me grow in knowing Your voice.  I want to do Your will, but sometimes I don't feel like I hear clearly enough from You what I need to do.  I want to know You more.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment