Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Because Our God is Great

Scripture:

II Chronicles 2:5  "The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all others gods".

Observation:

Solomon had taken over as king of Israel.  David had desired to build God a temple, but God told him no because he had shed too much blood, but that his son would build the temple.  As Solomon began preparations to build God a temple as a place of worship, he said, "The temple I am going to build will be great, because our God is greater than all other gods".  He wanted to build God something great because that is how he saw God.  Nothing short of great would do.

Application:

I am reminded of the seeing some of the incredible cathedrals in Europe.  When you walk into them, you are amazed at the architecture and the fact surrounding these great structures.  They always built God the best building in the city because He is awesome.  We should remember that God doesn't dwell in temple made by hands any more, but in His people.  Whatever we do, we should do to reflect His greatness.  Our lives should reflect the greatness of our God.

Prayer:

Father, let You name be glorified in my and through my life.  Let my life be a temple that brings You glory.  Let me live in such a way that people are blown away at who You are.

Yours, Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment