Friday, June 20, 2014

We Fight, God Does the Work

Scripture:

I Chronicles 19:13  "Be strong, and let us fight bravely for our people and the cities of our God.  The Lord will do what is good in his sight".

Observation:

Joab, David's military man in charge, was talking to his troops about the Ammonites and the army they were about to go up against.  His advice when they were going into battle was to tell them to fight hard and be brave for God and his people.  Then he lets them know that it is really the Lord who is doing the fighting.  He finishes with, "The Lord will do what is good in his sight".

Application:

Some people simply resign in life to, "God's will is going to be done, so why should I fight or try anything?"  David's army had the right idea.  They knew God was with them, but they also knew that they must fight some battles, lose some of the troops, and possible give their lives.  We must be people who are willing to fight to defend what is ours, while knowing God is going to work with us to accomplish His will.

Prayer:

Lord, give me a heart of tenacity that doesn't give up too easily.  A heart that fights for what  it wants.  You know I want what You want for my life.  All I desire is for your will to be done in my life.  Help me to learn to fight for your will in my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment