Thursday, June 12, 2014

God Uses Foolishness

Scripture:

I Corinthians 1:27  "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong".

Observation:

Paul is telling the Corinthians not to have pride and arguing among them.  They apparently were arguing over following Paul, Apolos or Christ and pride usually shows up in an argument.  He tells them to remember that before Christ not many of them were wise, noble, powerful, etc.  Then he tells them that God uses the weak to confound the strong and the foolish to shame the wise.

Application:

Often today we hear phrases like, "knowledge is power".  I would say, "knowledge of God is powerful".  God has a way of using and blessing people who are not wise and powerful to make the wise and powerful know it is Him and not us.  When we feel foolish and weak, we are right where God likes us to be, then He can get the glory for all He does in our lives.

Prayer:

Lord God, help me to see You as wise and powerful and myself as your servant.  My area is very wise and influential.  I want to see You confound them.  I want to see You work in such powerful ways through simple people, that the powerful can't deny You.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment