Tuesday, June 3, 2014

God of the Valleys

Scripture:

I Kings 20:28  "The man of God came up and told the king of Israel, 'This is what the Lord says: Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver this vast army into your hands, and you will know that I am the Lord '"

Observation:

The Arameans were defeated because they thought God was the God of the mountains, but not the God of the valleys.  God is God!  He is God of the mountaintops and He is the God of the valleys in our lives.  God told Israel they would win and they would know that He was God because the Arameans didn't realize He was God of the Valleys.

Application:

Sometimes we only see God as the God of the mountaintops, but God is God in the valleys as well.  He is God in the good times and in the bad times.  He is Lord of everything!  When we are going through the valleys, He is still God.  When we are on the mountaintops, He is still God.

Prayer:

Father, let me see that You are still God when it seems things are not going my way.  Help me to see You as the God of the valleys as well as the mountaintops.  Thanks for showing me this today.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment