Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Arise Lord God

Scripture:

II Chronicles 6:41  "Now arise Lord God, and come to Your resting place, you and the ark of your might.  May your priests, Lord God, be clothed with salvation, may your faithful people rejoice in your goodness".

Observation:

Solomon is dedicating the incredible temple he had built for the Lord.  In his dedication, he prayed this beautiful prayer.  He asked the Lord to arise and come to his resting place.  He had prepared a place for the Lord to rest.  He asked God to let the priests be clothed with salvation and God's people to be rejoicing in his goodness.

Application:

As New Covenant believers, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  We are his temple.  May we ask like Solomon for God to arise and rest upon us.  May His presence be upon us and since we are a kingdom of priests, may we be clothed with salvation and rejoice in his goodness.

Prayer:

Father, rest on my life.  Let your presence rest on me.  I want to be a carrier of your glory to the ends of the earth.  Clothe me with salvation and let me and my people rejoice in your goodness.  I want to see you work strongly in my generation.  I believe revival is coming.  Come and move upon your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment