Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Where Now is the Lord, The God of Elijah?

Scripture:

II Kings 2:14  "He took the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and struck the water with it.  'Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?' he asked.  When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over".

Observation:

Elisha was determined to get a double portion of the anointing on Elijah's life.  He followed him around until he got it.  When Elijah was taken to heaven, he dropped his mantle and Elisha picked it up.  He had seen Elijah use it and now it was his turn.  He cried out "where is the Lord God of Elijah?"  and struck the water.  The waters opened and he walked across.  The school of the prophets was amazed.

Application:

In my Spirit this morning I'm asking, "Where is the Lord God of Elijah?"  Where are the miraculous interventions of God in our generation?  I know we hear some great testimonies of what the Lord has done, but I believe there is so much more that we are missing out on.  I want to see revival in my generation that shakes America.  Where is the God of the first and second great awakening?

Prayer:

Lord, I want to see true revival in my generation.  I want to see Your glory hit regions at a time and see thousands swept into your kingdom.  Where is the Lord God of the First and Second Great Awakening?  Come Mighty God and move in our country again.

No comments:

Post a Comment