Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Unfaithful to the Lord

Scripture:

I Chronicles 10:13-14  "Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord; he did not keep the word of the Lord and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the Lord.  So the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse".

Observation:

When Saul, the king of Israel, died, it says he was unfaithful to the Lord.  It then goes on to list what exactly it was that made him unfaithful to the Lord.  First it says he did not keep the word of the Lord.  Second it says he consulted a medium.  Lastly it says he did not inquire of the Lord.  He received death because of these things.  God sees these things as extremely important in our lives.

Application:

The bottom line of what Saul died for was the fact that he did not seek the Lord's guidance and sought guidance from a medium.  God wants us to look to Him for guidance first and foremost.  He wants us to seek His counsel.  He wants us to look to Him as our provider, teacher, guide and friend.  Faithfulness to God, in this context, simply means having God at the center of our lives and seeking His input on everything we do.

Prayer:

Lord, I look to You.  I want your leadership in my life.  I want to be led by You.  I want to hear Your voice and follow it completely.  I want to accomplish Your will with my life and not my own.  Help me to live a life that pleases You more each day.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment