Friday, January 31, 2014

The Blood will Be a Sign

Scripture:

Exodus 12:13  "The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you.  No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt".

Observation:

This is the institution of the Passover meal.  The last of the plagues on Egypt was the killing of all the firstborns in Egypt.  In one night God was going to take the lives of every firstborn of every family and even the animals.  The Israelites were to take blood from a lamb and place it on the doorposts and lintel of their homes.  When the death angel came by, if he saw the blood, he would pass over that home and go the the next.  This way all the Israelite people were safe from the destruction.

Application:

This verse says that no destructive plague will touch you when Egypt is struck.  Here we see that when blood is applied, there is protection.  As new testament believers, the blood of Jesus has been applied to our lives as the perfect Passover lamb.  No plague coming on the earth will be able to take us out because there is blood on our lives.  The blood of Jesus is powerful and we need to apply it to our lives daily.

Prayer:

Lord, I apply the blood of Jesus to my life, my family and my church.  Protect like only You can.  I trust You to guard my life from every attack.  I thank You for blessing my life in so many ways.  You are amazing!

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment