Monday, January 20, 2014

Ask, Seek and Knock

Scripture:

Matthew 7:8  "For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be open".

Observation:

Jesus is doing His most famous and largest teaching we have recorded in scripture.  As part of it, He tells His audience, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you".  He follows us by saying that Everyone who asks, seeks and knocks receives what they were looking for.  We need to ask, seek and knock more.

Application:

Jesus taught us to ask, seek and knock, then said when we do that we will receive, find and the door will be open to us.  How many times in my life have I been guilty of not asking the Lord for the things I need in this life?  How many times have prayers gone unspoken when we really have needs?  I am guilty of not asking, seeking and knocking because I sometimes feel it is selfish to ask, seek and knock.  I need to ask more, seek more and knock more in my life.  I have promises when I do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty,  forgive me for mot asking the God of all provision when I have had needs in my life.  Forgive me for not seeking You more and for not knocking at Your door when I have needs.  I will come to You as my father and ask when I need something rather than just be frustrated trying to work things out on my own.

Thanks,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment