Friday, January 10, 2014

Awareness of His Presence

Scripture:

Genesis 28:16  "When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, 'Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it'".

Observation:

Jacob had an encounter with God as he was sleeping with a rock for a pillow.  Most of us would think we had a weird dream because we had a bad pillow.  Jacob knew he had encountered God in a very real way.  He even decided to become a tither at that point.  The sad commentary here is the second part of the verse, "and I was not aware of it". 

Application:

God is ever-present with us, yet He goes unnoticed by us most of the time.  He is omni-present, everywhere, yet only in the big encounters do we realize He is with us.  I don't want to be unaware of God's presence being with me.  I want to be fully aware at all times that God is with me and to walk in that confidence 24/7.  I love the powerful encounters when He manifests His presence, but I want to know His abiding presence at all times.

Prayer:

Lord, during this 21 day fast and continually after that, make me more aware of Your presence.  Help me realize you are with me when I feel it and when I don't.  I want to be more aware of your presence every day.  Walk with me.  Talk with me.  I want to know You more.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment