Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Secret Christianity Doesn't Work

Scripture:

Matthew 10:32-33  "Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heave.  But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven".

Observation:

According to Jesus, public acknowledgement of Him is very important.  Christ doesn't want His followers to be ashamed of Him and His teachings.  He wants bold disciples who won't disown Him even in the fiercest trials and tribulations.  When His people wimp out and disown Him, He says He will disown them.  He wants His church to go public!

Application:

When someone comes to Christ, they should be encouraged to go and tell someone what they have done.  This helps them to acknowledge Christ publicly and strengthens their commitment to Him.  Jesus wants His name publicly proclaimed and when we do our part, He proclaims us before His Father in heaven.  As for me, I want my name being proclaimed before the Father in heaven on a regular basis.  May the church come out of the closet and begin to proclaim Christ everywhere.

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, forgive me for the times I have been quiet about You when I knew I should say something.  Holy Spirit empower me to proclaim Christ everywhere I go.  Help the church to not be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, but be bold.  We want to be proclaimed before the father and not disowned by the Father.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment