Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Make Me Successful Today

Scripture:

Genesis 24:12  "Then he prayed, 'Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham'".

Observation:

Abraham's servant had been sent out on a mission to find a wife for Isaac.  He was to go to Abraham's relatives to find her.  At this point he wasn't even sure if he was in the right place.  They didn't have maps and GPS like we have today.  He prayed a prayer before he started and said to the Lord, "make me successful today".  He wanted this decision to be in God's hands and not his own.

Application:

God loves it when His people look to Him for direction, answers, truth, decisions, and life in general.  Like Abraham's servant, we need to seek the Lord and make sure what we are doing is God's will.  The servant wanted to be successful, but successful meant finding the person God had chosen as a wife for Isaac.  When we ask God for success, it can never be for our own profit.  He makes His will successful.  When we want His will above all else, success will come.

Prayer:

Lord, thanks You for speaking to me this morning.  I want to be successful today at doing all Your want accomplished.  Interrupt my day with Your will.  Let me be on Your agenda and not my own.  Open my ears to hear clearer what you are saying to me.  I want to be in line with Your desires for my life.

Your Son,
JeffGPS

No comments:

Post a Comment