Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Will Teach You What To Say

Scripture:

Exodus 4:12  "Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say".

Observation:

Moses had been arguing with God about going back to Egypt to lead his people out of slavery and into freedom.  He told God that Pharaoh would never listen to him because he was slow of speech.  He felt he could not accomplish what God was asking him to do.  God said to him, "I will help you speak and will teach you what to say".  When God calls a person, He gives them what they need to accomplish His will.

Application:

Many times I feel like God has called me to do things that are far beyond what I am capable of.  I look at my leadership skills and think, "I don't have what it takes to lead and to accomplish what God is calling me to accomplish".  This story gives me hope because Moses thought he didn't have the skills needed to accomplish what God was calling him to do and God gave him what he needed to obey the Lord.  God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Prayer:

Father, help me to lean more on You each day.  Only You can take me where I know You want me and the church and ministry I lead to go.  I ask You to give me what I need to accomplish what You have put in my heart.  You are my strength and source.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment