Friday, December 6, 2013

Walking Upright

Scripture:

"For the Lord is righteous, he loves justice; the upright will see his face".

Observation:

David is comparing the wicked to the righteous.  He says the wicked will have fiery coals rained down on them with burning sulfur and a scorching wind.  He says of the Lord that He is righteous and just.  He also says the upright will see His face. 

Application:

Basically the word I got today was that God wants me to become more and more like Him.  He is righteous and he wants me to be righteous.  He is loving and he wants me to be loving.  He is generous and he wants me to be generous.  My goal must be to see what God is from His word and become more and more like Him in every way.  It is those who become like Him that will see him face to face.

Prayer:

There is an old song that says, "I want to be more like You.  I want to be more like You.  I want to be a vessel you'll work through.  I want to me more like You.  Father, I want to be more like you every day.  Help me walk closer than ever before.  I want to see your face.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment